Saturday, May 31, 2014

ballet beautiful update and my favorite workout

This morning I woke up early and crept down the stairs to pop in an exercise DVD. I rolled out the yoga mat and completed my third Ballet Beautiful workout of the week. I’ve been doing the Ballet Beautiful: Total Body Workout for about three weeks. I can tell that I’m getting stronger and can better complete the exercises, but it’s still a challenge. I like that the workout has a lot of focus on working both sides of the body separately. My right side is definitely the strong side! But my left side is the more flexible, interesting.

While I have high hopes for a ballet body, it’s not naturally my body structure.  I’ve been working out a lot in addition to the Ballet Beautiful, but I’m not shedding inches or dropping pounds. But Ballet Beautiful is good strength training and I really enjoy the workout. I prefer the calm atmosphere and soft voice of Mary Helen to the yelling in other workout videos I’ve tried.

Three weeks after beginning the workouts, I feel stronger and am more aware of my posture. I'm more flexible, I can actually touch my toes! I’m actually looking forward to continuing the Ballet Beautiful workouts! I have a hard time sticking to an exercise routine, so this is definitely a positive change for me. 

In addition to the Ballet Beautiful, I’m also doing Sadie Lincoln’s Barre3 DVD and random workouts with Jessica Smith TV. One of my favorite workouts with Jessica Smith is the video below.

Do you have a regular exercise program? Have you tried any of Jessica Smith’s workouts? Looking forward to hearing from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment