Saturday, May 31, 2014

10 contemporary novels to read this summer

As of May 14th, my friend from college and I started a book club blog. We're now living on separate sides of the continental divide and the book blog is our way of staying in touch. I love reading, but I'm finding that I have no idea which books to read or really what the contemporary options are. I've read The Fault in Our Stars and The Book Thief, but what else is there? In search for literary knowledge, I've joined goodreads. With the aid of goodreads reviews, I've compiled a list of the the top ten contemporary novels I intend to read this next year:

1. The Hollow Ground by Natalie S. Harnett

2. Free to Fall by Lauren Miller

3. Goodnight June by Sarah Jio 


4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

5. The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rappaport

6. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway

7. The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis

8. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James

9. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

10. Call the Midwife: A True Story of the East End in the 1950s by Jennifer Worth

I keep trying to decide which novel to read first, but I just can't make up my mind! Maybe I'll let the fates make the selection by seeing which is available at the library. Have you read any of these books or have some suggestions? Share your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment